2018 Mazda3 vs. 2018 Ford Focus
View Focus Inventory View Mazda3 Inventory
When you’re in the market for a compact car, the 2018 Mazda3 and the 2018 Ford Focus should top your list of options. Both models offer:
- Innovative infotainment systems in the form of MAZDA CONNECT on the Mazda3 and SYNC 3 on the Focus
- Excellent fuel economy returns, at an EPA-estimated 37 mpg highway on the Mazda3 and up to an EPA-estimated 40 mpg highway on the Ford Focus
- Either a sedan or hatchback format
- Advanced safety and driver assistance technologies, such as systems to help you stay in your lane, blind spot information monitors, rear cross-traffic alerts, and more
Ultimately, your decision between the 2018 Mazda3 and the 2018 Ford Focus comes down to your driving demands and preferences.
- Price: The Mazda3 and Focus are comparably priced, but there’s a slight difference. The Mazda3 starts at an MSRP from $18,095, while the Focus starts at an MSRP from $17,860.
- Performance: The Mazda3 is powered by a 2.0L SKYACTIV-G 4-cylinder engine rated at 155 hp or a 2.5L SKYACTIV-G 4-cylinder that makes 184 hp. Meanwhile, the Focus has four powertrains: a 1.0L EcoBoost; a 2.0L Ti-VCT that generates 159 hp; a 2.0L EcoBoost that produces 252 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque; and a 2.3L EcoBoost that churns out 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. There’s also a Ford Focus Electric model that has an EPA-estimated driving range of 115 miles.
- Interior: On sedan models, the Mazda3 provides 96.3 cubic feet for passengers and 12.4 cubic feet in the trunk, while the Focus has a passenger volume of 90 cubic feet and a cargo volume of 13.2 cubic feet. On hatchback models, the Mazda3 promises 20.2 cubic feet behind the rear seat and 47.1 cubic feet maximum, while the Focus guarantees 23.3 cubic feet when all seats are occupied and 43.9 cubic feet when the back seats are folded flat.
Test Drive These Compact Cars at Beach Automotive
When you shop at Beach Automotive, you’ll have access to both the 2018 Mazda3 and the 2018 Ford Focus. Contact the dealership to learn more.