How to Use Ford Remote Start
Many new Ford vehicles are available with remote start systems which give Conway and Murrells Inlet drivers remote access to start and stop your vehicle, as well as adjust your seating, mirror, and steering column positions. Need Ford remote start instructions? Check out this quick guide from Beach Automotive Group to learn more about your car’s remote start app and how you can control your vehicle via your smartphone.
Ford Remote Start Instructions
Starting Your Ford Vehicle
- Press the lock button on the key fob to lock the doors
- Press the remote start button twice
- Exterior lamps with flash twice
- Horn will sound if the command failed
Turning the Vehicle Off
- After remote starting, press the button once
- Exterior lamps will turn off
Use the Memory Feature (if equipped)
- Will adjust seating, mirror, and steering column positions when remote start is activated. You’ll need to pre-set the positions in order for this feature to work.
If your remote control system is equipped with status feedback, it can inform you of the status for remote start or stop commands. Here’s a quick guide to their meanings:
- Solid Green — Remote start successful.
- Solid Red — Remote stop successful. The vehicle is off.
- Blinking Red — Remote stop or start failed.
- Blinking Green — Awaiting status update.
Reasons Why Ford Remote Access Won’t Work?
There are several reasons why Ford F-150 or Fusion remote start won’t work. If your key fob isn’t responding to your commands, one of the following may be the cause:
- Ignition is on
- Triggered alarm
- The remote stop/start system has been disabled
- Open hood
- Transmission is in park (P)
- Low vehicle battery
- “Service engine soon” light is illuminated
What is FordPass?
If your vehicle is equipped with SYNC Connect, you can use FordPass to control it from remotely. FordPass is a remote start app you can download from the App Store or Google Play and there are no yearly subscription fees. The app allows Florence drivers to:
- Start and stop remotely
- Lock and unlock remotely
- Schedule a start
- Check gas and fluid levels
Learn More About Ford Products & Services at Beach Automotive Group!
Beach Automotive Group is your source for information on the latest technologies from Ford Motor Company. While you’re here, learn about Ford SYNC 3, find out how to connect to your Ford SYNC system, and how to program the Ford key fob. If you have questions about how to use Ford remote start or the Ford remote start app, or if you want to know where to purchase genuine Ford parts and accessories, please feel free to contact us, or stop by our dealership near Wilmington today!
While you’re at it, why not learn about the differences between the moonroof and the sunroof, both popular features with Conway drivers.
More From Beach Automotive Group
There’s a new study out from Volvo and The Harris Poll that discovered that letting pets unrestrained while their human is driving leads to hazardous driving behaviors. There’s more distraction as well as more stress on both human and pet.
The 2020 Lincoln Corsair is an all-new, two-row luxury SUV that gives Lincoln a powerful new entry into the highly competitive Small Premium Utility Segment. Its name is derived from the Latin word cursus meaning “course” or “journey.” Corsair perfectly embodies the transformative journey that the Lincoln Brand is currently traveling.
Many customers, especially adventure-oriented ones, want to outfit their vehicle for special tasks. Fortunately, Ford offers a wide array of Ford Accessories, specifically designed to fit their new Ford vehicle.