Ford News and Updates!
We have some terrific Ford news and updates to share with all of you this month! Keep reading to learn about what been going on behind the scenes!
Corporate Talk: Unleashing the Ford+ Plan
Back in the spring, we announced that we are going all-in to transform our global automotive business, confirming the acceleration of our Ford+ Plan. The history-making event shared insights about our new organizational structure that includes two newly formed vehicle divisions, Ford Model e and Ford Blue. Each is designed to sharpen our focus on specific products and to revolutionize the ownership experience.
Ford Model e
Ford President and CEO Jim Farley will now also serve as president of Ford Model e, which will focus on electric vehicles and digital experiences. It will:
- Attract and retain the best talent to perfect innovative technologies for breakthrough electric vehicles
- Embrace a clean-sheet approach to designing, launching and scaling electric and connected products and services
- Create an exciting, new shopping, buying and ownership experience
Led by its President, Kumar Galhotra, Ford Blue will focus on our legendary portfolio of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles. It will:
- Invest in and strengthen iconic Ford vehicles such as F-Series, Ranger, Maverick, Bronco, Explorer and Mustang
- Tailor brand and vehicles experiences to help customers fulfill their passions, from work-orientation to off-roading to high-performance to family activities
- Deliver new, connected experiences and services
The new Dual-Headrest Rear Seat Entertainment System, available in 2022 Expedition, now includes Amazon FireTV. Built into the backside of the two front-row head restraints, the available system offers rear-seat passengers a range of entertainment options. Highlights include:
- Two screens (left/right)
- Two Voice Remotes with Alexa (one for each display)
- “Alexa, show me action movies.”
- Access to favorite shows
- Offers Prime Video downloads with 16 GB built-in storage
- Download and watch offline
- Built-in HDMI input and USB charging
- Play games or charge equipment
- Listen via wired headphone jack (3.5 mm) or with Bluetooth headphone (included)