The 2016 Mazda CX-5 vs. the 2017 Ford Escape
2016 Mazda CX-5
2017 Ford Escape
If you’re in the market for a new vehicle that combines the very best in engine power and performance with a wealth of technologies and a host of safety systems to boot, then you’re going to be hard pressed to beat two new cars: the 2016 Mazda CX-5 and the 2017 Ford Escape. Yet in addition to giving you awesome power, brilliant technology, and stellar safety, the new Mazda and Ford vehicles also offer up solid fuel economy, generous interior volume, and enter the market at affordable prices. See what we mean by reading on!
Efficiency and Power
First of all, the CX-5 and Escape both boast impressive fuel economy.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – The base-line trim of the CX-5 alone can get 26 mpg in the city and 34 on the highway, as well as a combined mpg of 29. That means you’re going to be saving some serious money with the new CX-5.
- The 2017 Ford Escape – What about the Ford? Things aren’t quite the same: it only gives you 21 mpg in the city and 29 on the highway, while only providing a combined mpg of 24 mpg. Yet it more than makes up for its slightly lower efficiency with slightly higher horsepower than the Mazda.
When you’re out on the road, every extra inch of space matters. Luckily, the CX-5 and Escape also give you immense room to stretch out.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – In the CX-5, you’ll be able to look forward to as much as 103.8 cubic feet of passenger volume, while you can also take advantage of 34.1 cubic feet on cargo volume as well.
- The 2017 Ford Escape – Things are pretty similar in the Ford: it gives passengers 98.1 cubic feet of space, and it provides comparable cargo volume, with 34.3 cubic feet. In both cars, you’re going to be able to pack in both luggage and passengers.
Last but not least, the CX-5 and the Ford Escape enter the market at very low prices.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 – For example, the base-line trim of the 2016 Mazda CX-5 can be purchased for only $21,795, while upper-level trims are not going to cost you all that much more.
- The 2017 Ford Escape – On the other hand, the base-line Escape trim enters the market at not much more: $23,750. Meanwhile, its upper-level trims are also consistently affordable.
Test Drive Both Cars Today!
Best of all, you needn’t simply take our word for all of this: you can take the CX-5 or Escape out on the road for yourself in order to explore their power, performance, technology, and safety. Simply visit our Beach Ford dealership located at 855 Jason Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 or Beach Mazda located at 851 Jason Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 to take these cars for a test drive. You can also fill out this easy-to-use online form with any further questions you may have. Don’t delay: explore these all-new Mazda and Ford cars today at Beach Automotive.