Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist for Sale in Myrtle Beach, SC
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Beach Automotive Group has put one together on your behalf.
Whether shopping for a used Lincoln, Ford, or Mazda, you should:
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Ford, Mazda, and Lincoln vehicles on the list of top options.) You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from Myrtle Beach to Florence, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Conway streets.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership to avoid scams. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $15,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle.
- Estimate your trade: The trade-in process can feel scary, and it’s why we’ve also got a guide to help you get the most for your trade-in. If you use an online trade-in estimator, you can feel confident having an idea of what your current vehicle is worth.
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Beach Automotive Group
You should find a wide selection of used Ford, Lincoln, and Mazda vehicles as well as nearly every other make in our inventory. Contact us today to learn more.
Latest News from Beach Automotive Group
Since its original introduction nearly 30 years ago, Ford Explorer has faced off against a variety of SUV competitors. Now there’s another new one: the VW Atlas. Let’s see how the 2018 Explorer compares!
In 1996, Revel Audio, guided by science and driven by passion, set out to perfect home audio. They did this by crafting the world’s finest loudspeaker system. After capturing many prestigious home audio awards, Revel brought its industry-leading technology to the automotive world. They did this exclusively through Lincoln in 2015. Keep reading to learn…
Service Contact Us Depending on the weather in Conway, you may be considering driving barefoot which may lead you to wonder: is driving barefoot illegal? It is not, in fact, illegal to drive in %%di_state%% nor any other state. Now you know the answer to your question. However, before you pop off your shoes, you…
Used Ford, Lincoln, and Mazda Inventory at Beach Automotive Group