2016 Shelby GT350 – Start Your Legend!
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Legend!
The all-new 5.2L flat-plane crankshaft V8 is unique to the 2016 Shelby GT350 and 2016 Shelby GT350R. Key features include:
- 526 horsepower @ 7,500 rpm
- 429 lb.-ft. or torque @ 4,750 rpm
- Impressive power density – over 101 horsepower per liter of displacement
- Redline and 8,250 rpm
- Exceptionally wide power band – 90% of peak torque from approximately 3,450 rpm through 7,000 rpm
- Paired with TREMEC TR-3160 6-speed manual transmission
The 180-degree flat-plane layout (rather than the usual 90 degrees in a typical cross-plane crank) permits a cylinder firing order that alternates between the two cylinder banks, providing evenly spaced exhaust pressure pulses. The outcome is improved breathing that allows the engine to make more power. It also gives the 2016 Shelby GT350 an engine growl all its own!
Engineered to Perform!
Track-capable performance requires more than a world class powertrain. It calls for technologies and chassis components that complement anything driving enthusiasts can dish out. Highlights included in the 2016 Shelby GT350 are:
- NEW Integrated Driver Control )IDC) system that features five unique modes to tailor ABS, stability control, traction control, steering effort, throttle mapping, MagneRide suspension tuning and exhaust settings
- Brake rotors – two piece cross-drilled iron discs mounted to aluminum hats. Front: 15.5-inch rotors clamped by Brembo six-piston fixed calipers. Rear: 15-inch rotors with four-piston calipers
- Performance-tuned 19-inch aluminum wheels are 10.5 inches wide in the front, 11-inches in the rear.
- State-of-the-art Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with 2016 Shelby GT350-specific sidewall construction, tread and formulated compound for maximum grip
- Torsen rear axle provides impressive cornering and straight-line traction
More Than Just a Pretty Face
Inside and out, the 2016 Shelby GT350 is designed to grab attention on the road and at the track.
- New aerodynamic aluminum hood and front quarter panels
- Front splitter and rear diffuser that help maximize the balance between coefficient of drag and downforce
- Performance-influencing elements such as the shape of the hood, fender extractors, grille angle, high-pressure engine intake and front brake cooling ducts were all major design considerations
- RECARO sports seats with Miko sueded cloth
- Flat-bottomed steering wheel and performance-oriented gauges
- Darker finishes to help reduce glare during on-track driving
Driver-Centric Performance Variations
There are five different performance “flavors” of the 2016 Shelby GT350. Each is designed to appeal to different customers who will use their 2016 Shelby GT350 in different ways. The variations include:
- GT350 (Base)
- GT350 Track Package for the “Track Day Specialist”
- GT350 Technology Package for the “smart, sophisticated performer”
- GT350R which is for “Hard-Core Track Use”
- GT350R with Electronics package is the “Ultimate Street and Track” package
Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our knowledgeable sales representatives so they can show you how to get behind the wheel of your very own 2016 Shelby GT350!