The 2017 Mazda3 vs. the 2017 Ford Focus
Looking for unbeatable power, technology, and safety specs? If so, then we’ve got some pretty good news for you: at Beach Automotive, you’re going to be able to test drive a range of cars that fit the bill, including two in particular: the 2017 Mazda3 and the 2017 Ford Focus. Both the Mazda and the Ford run on massively powerful engines that promise high rates of horsepower, but each car is also embedded with a spectrum of cutting-edge technologies and safety systems. Compare the Mazda3 and Ford Focus to see which is right for you!
Let’s begin with engine power.
- The 2017 Mazda3 – In the Mazda3, you can opt for either a SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY 2.0L DOHC 4-Cylinder with VVT engine that produces as much as 155 hp while also producing 150 lb-ft of torque, or a 2.5L SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY 4-Cylinder engine that boasts 184 hp and solid torque rates, too.
- The 2017 Ford Focus – The Focus gives you three gas engines, on the other hand. A 1.0L EcoBoost gas engine gives you solid horsepower rates as well as decent efficiency levels, while a larger 2.0L engine provides 252 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque. A 2.3L engine grinds out 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque, and reaches a top speed of 165 mph. Finally, a fourth electric motor promises a top speed of 84 mph, and it requires no gas and no oil changes whatsoever.
But that’s just the beginning, because both of these cars also boast impressive new technologies, too.
- The 2017 Mazda3 – For starters, the Mazda3 gives you MAZDA CONNECT™, which comes with a 7-inch color touchscreen as well as a multi-function commander center, E911 automatic emergency notification services, and streaming internet services that include HD Radio, Aha, Pandora, and Stitcher. You’ll also get a Bose 9-speaker surround sound system with Centerpoint 2 and AutoPilot 2.
- The 2017 Ford Focus – Similar to the Mazda3’s MAZDA CONNECT™ system, the Ford provides SYNC 3, with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities, enabling you to stay in touch with your friends and family throughout the drive. And its MyFord Mobile App makes it possible to get updates on how much charge your Focus Electric has and other key stats.
Lastly, the Mazda3 and the Ford Focus give you reliable safety devices to keep passengers and driver alike as secure as possible.
- The 2017 Mazda3 – Look forward to Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control systems, which maintain your stability no matter where you are, and whiplash-reducing front seats headrests to offer protection a collision.
- The 2017 Ford Focus – The Focus also has AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control, as well as a Rear View Camera and seven airbags (dual stage front airbags, front-seat side airbags, side-curtain airbags, driver knee airbags).
Try Out Both Cars Today at Beach Automotive!
There’s no reason to choose which of these cars you prefer now. Simply stop by our Beach Automotive dealership today, and we’ll get you out in the road in either one. Find us at 851 Jason Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, or give us a quick phone call at 843-626-3666 to arrange a test drive. Better yet, get in touch via this simple online form, and we’ll get back in touch ASAP. Don’t delay: explore the all new Mazda3 and Ford Focus today at Beach Automotive!